WARNING!! THESE NEXT FEW POSTS MAY BE GRAPHIC FOR SOME PEOPLE, but for me, it really happened.
So fast forward to June 1, 2011. I was only 4 days away from my due date. And I was feeling nothing. Nothing at all. No contractions nothing. It was horrible. And it was hot. I was miserable, I couldn't sit still but was so big I could barely do anything else. I seriously thought I was going to give birth to a ten pound baby that's how big I was. It was bad. So I wake up on June 5, 2011. My due date. I went on with that day, my bag was packed. I was ready. But he wasn't. No way was he ready to come out. So I had a doctor appointment the next day and I was so ready for him to come I even brought my hospital bag to the doctors office just in case! So she checks me and says "oh your just about one centimeter dilated" and I was like "I'm what!? One centimeter! You've got to be kidding me!?" She said "nope, your just about one" and I thought to myself. Oh my god. I'm going to be pregnant forever!!! So after that disappointing experience we talked about induction. And I said yes! I don't care what you have to do as long as I don't have to get a c-section I'm all for it! So she said they have to call me later and see when the next available day is. And I thought to myself, oh my god they might not get me in for another week!! Are you kidding me! So we left, me in tears telling my husband to just drive me to the hospital and I'll fake contractions until he comes out! I was so ready beyond belief. So we get home, and a few hours later my phone rings and it's the hospital saying they have an available date on the 7th to come in and they'll start my induction process. I immediately said "yes ill be there!" So we had one day really to get everything ready.
And then it's the 7th at six o clock at night and we show up to the hospital and I have no idea what's going to happen. Sometimes things can go quickly sometimes things take a while. So we're waiting and I got all hooked up to the monitors and everything, all my IVs and everything and the doctor comes in and says "okay so since your not dilated at all really were going to put this thing (CervaDil) behind your cervix and it's going to help you dilate." And I said "okay whatever you have to do" not knowing that this thing was going to be more painful than actually giving birth. This little tiny thing that had medicine in it to help me dilate was the worst thing ever invented, I swear. That whole night from 8 o clock pm to 8 o clock am was the worst experience of my life. Those 12 hours were worse than actually pushing my son out. I didn't know if I had to poop, or throw up or pee. I was shaking from the pain it was so bad and of course I couldn't get an epidural because then it wouldn't work for my actual birthing process, so I just had to grin and bare it. And alls I did that whole night was toss an turn and I think I got about two hours of sleep that night. Man was I exhausted. And I didn't even give birth yet!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment