The next morning was horrible. I felt like I had a major hangover but I obviously didn't because I was pregnant. That's when it started. The vomiting. At first it was only in the morning a few times. And I thought 'oh this is nothing! Only a little morning sickness, I'm sure it'll go away In a week or so' pshhh yea was I wrong. But we'll get to that later on. Now it was time to tell my parents. See, I'm the youngest, and their only girl. So I knew this was going to be a complete shock to them. Especially since our wedding was next year. So we went over and we sat on my parents couch and My dad wasn't home, thank god. So I told my mom I have something to tell her, and she knew. She gave me "that look" and I said to her "mom, I'm pregnant." And she said " I knew that's why you weren't drinking last night!!" And I said "yea I knew it was going to be obvious!" So she asked me what I was going to do...and I just looked at her like what do you mean? And she said "are you guys going to keep it?" And I said "uhm absolutely yes! I wouldn't be telling you if I was going to get an abortion! (Which I never would)." And she said "okay I was just wondering. I'm happy no matter what you do as long as your happy." So after telling my mom it got easier. And I thought okay I can tell my dad when he comes home. So we waited, which felt like forever for him to come home. And finally he walked in the door and sat down and my mom says to him "hun Melissa and Anthony have something to tell you." And I said "uhm daddy (in a sweet little voice) I'm pregnant." And he just started to cry. And then I started to cry. And I looked up at Anthony and gave him the look. Then my dad hugged me and said "so I'm going to be a grandpop?" And I said "of course!" And he said "I am so excited!" And I felt the world literally lift off my shoulders. Like I knew I could breathe without feeling like I was hiding something from my parents. I felt so much better and so much more relieved about everything. So after telling my mom and dad telling my brother and his girlfriend was going to be a piece of cake. So when my brother got to my parents house I just came out and told him and he was so excited and his girlfriend (my maid of honor) was so excited as well and now she had to help plan a baby shower as well as a wedding shower and help me with everything for my wedding! She was more overwhelmed than I was! But it was great. Then we started enjoying the pregnancy now that basically everyone knew, besides my husbands entire family which didn't take long for them to find out. We told them all within the next few days. (It took a little while considering my husband is one of six children.) But they were all so excited to welcome another baby Laspata into the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment