So now that Nico is here, he's home, he's healthy (Thank God) I can honestly say that I was terrified. I knew what to do in every situation but I was just scared. All the time. I didn't want to leave the house, ever. If I didn't have to leave believe me I didn't. I wanted to stay inside with my little man. Partially because I'm such a nervous wreck all the time but also partially because I didn't want him getting sick. I was a very very sick baby from just a few weeks to a few months old, so I'm sure that had a lot to do with it. I can honestly say that I had a little bit of post partum depression. Nothing serious, I didn't have bad thoughts or I wasn't going to hurt my new baby nothing crazy like that I was just so scared to leave the house. Especially with Nico. I think I got over that around when he was 8 weeks old and I had to start getting ready to go back to work. I was also breastfeeding. Which I am a huge believer in! I pumped and pumped and pumped. I had a difficult time with it but I still did it as long as I could. I wanted him to have as much breast milk as possible. Especially because they say it helps with losing weight and we had our wedding just 12 weeks after he was born. Being a first time mom at just 21 years old was scary, to say the least. Thank god he was an amazing newborn and just slept all the time. We really lucked out!
No comments:
Post a Comment