Friday, April 5, 2013

Little Kids are Mean

My son and husband are in bed and I have to share this because I'm still so confused myself.
Today Nico and I went to the park by our house, a new park that we've never been to before and Nico was having an amazing time. We brought a ball and he was playing soccer, it was a blast. The park was not crowded at all. There was probably about 15 people and kids there so I was happy. I hate overcrowded places, they stress me out. So there was this little group of three boys and their moms. And Nico was being the friendly little boy he is and he goes up to them and says "Hi I'm Nico" and they said hi and that was about the extent of it. Then Nico started to run all over the place and the three little boys were following him, probably because he had a ball. So the little three little boys started to get too far away from their moms so the moms called them and they started running back, and Nico didn't even notice until a minute or two later. So Nico turned around and started running the other way, it just so happen to be towards the jungle gym (which was the same place the three little boys were headed) so were walking, well Nico is running and were probably about 20-30 feet behind the one little boy with his mom and I was in front of Nico because I turn around and walk backwards so I can see Nico at all times, and the one little boy turns around and says "Stop following me" so I immediately picked my son up and gave a loud "pssshhht" and said to Nico "its okay bud you don't want to play with those mean kids anyway, you're too nice for them" and then we went on our way playing and such. But I'm still thinking, was that little boy talking to me? Or was he talking to Nico, because I was in front of Nico so he might have been talking to me, but honestly I was blown away. Not only at what the child said but the fact that the mom didn't even say anything to him or turn around and be like I'm sorry he doesn't know what hes talking about. Like honestly, if that was my kid I would be embarrassed as hell. I just fear for my child in this crazy fucked up world we live in today. I am such a over protective mother I just feel the need to keep my kid away from the outside world, but I know I cant, I don't want him to be antisocial. But I just felt the need to share this because I just want to make one thing clear...

  • Kids are sponges. Whatever you say your child will absorb and they will use it. Sometimes its not in a good way. Sometimes it is. Parents really don't understand that their child/children hear everything they say and they take it all in. Everything. So be careful of the words you speak, you never know which ones you'll have to eat.

If you're ever in an awkward situation with your child and you don't want to make a scene or embarrass your child, just walk away. Like I did today. I could have easily started an argument with that mom about her child saying that I or my son was following him, and honestly if I was any younger, I probably would have but I am a grown up now and a mother. And you shouldn't act like a teenager if your a mom (even if you are a teen mom because your a mom first.)


No comments:

Post a Comment