So I haven't posted in a while, Ive been so busy with birthdays, parties, and getting ready for summer time. (working out lol) The weather has been so nice we've been outside just about every day! Its been great! But on another note, I've been thinking...How much TV should kids really watch. I mean honestly, lets be practical. When you need to empty the dishwasher or throw a load of clothes in the washer, you put your kids favorite show on give them a snack and juice so you can get some stuff done. Everyone does it. Well everyone I know at least. Maybe its just my generation but I honestly don't see the problem in letting my child watch TV. Hes 22 months old and he has a TV in his room. Its on a timer usually and he watches his favorite shows to go to sleep. Some people don't agree with that, and that's fine. You raise your kid and Ill raise mine. We'll see whose kid turns out better in 10 years. Anyway...letting your child watch TV isn't a bad thing in my opinion, as long as you monitor what he watches. I got lucky because my sons favorite shows are Little Einsteins, Super Why, Sesame Street, and now Henry Hugglemonster. He likes other shows too but those are his FAVORITE. I don't mind letting him watch Little Einsteins or Super Why all day if he wanted because
- Little Einsteins is educational. It teaches children classical music and art and I swear to you, it will make your child smart. My son is so intelligent its unbelievable.
- Super Why is all about the alphabet and reading, and honestly, I know that's where my son learned his letters from. He has known the whole alphabet and the sounds of the letters since he was almost 21 months old. I do work with him with his letters and sounding them out but I'm only so interesting lol. He would rather watch Super Why for a half hour then sit and say all the letters to me over and over again.
- Another thing I did was download the ABC GoGo app. Its mainly for boys I think because its all planes, trains, and automobiles. And my son loves it. He asks for it. I don't let him play with my phone without me being right there. I personally don't want him knowing how to work my phone yet, I mean seriously hes only 22 months old and he knows how to go to his folder and click an app that he wants and that's enough for me. I don't want him knowing how to text, or make phone calls this young. I want to keep him young for as long as possible. Hes my first baby and I want to keep it that way for as long as possible.
Heres my son at 21 months old saying his alphabet. Im using the ABC GoGo app on my iPhone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mAYmnLFfMc
No comments:
Post a Comment